Camp Shaama is a Wildrift Adventure Camp located 3.5 kms uphill from Shaama (50 kms from Bageshwar) at a village called Gyandhurra (height of 7500 ft). Operational throughout the year with snowfall in winters. Experience the Pahadi village life and enjoy the mountains, the beautiful valley and green meadows.
Camp Shaama is perched right at the corner of Gyandhurra Village and that’s why every corner you will look at has a panoramic view of the Nanda Kot, Nanda Devi (2nd highest peak in India and 23rd highest in the world), the Namik Valley and Ramnagar River Valley. Book NOW
Experience beautiful Sunrise/Sunsets. Interact closely with the local Pahadi people and if interested assist them in their daily activities too. Gyandhurra village cultivates organically grown vegetables and fruits and farming in the sloppy hills is their livelihood. You could do some intense Mountain biking here or chose a hike option in the mountains and meadows.
The entire place is like a dreamland, simply come to relax, laze around the day and get to eat the delicious local food and enjoy your stay.
Accommodation: The accommodation is in traditional village huts made with rocks and the rooftop made of granite stone slates.
Tariffs: 3800 INR Per Person for 2 days stay and approx. 5500 INR for a 3 day stay. Book Now
- Stay in American Tents/Stone Huts
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (Veg/Non-Veg) would include Indian, Continental and Kumaoni Cuisine
- Few planned activities & Games
Cost Does Not include:
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Some Activities may be charged an extra amount
- Internat Jeep Transfers
- Barbeque Snacks: 175 INR Per Person Per Night
- Children below 5 years: free
- Children between 6-12 Years: 1250 Per Person Per Day
- Drivers/Maids/Servants will be accommodated at a charge of 1000 INR per Person Per Day.
- It can become quite cold so please carry woollens (light ones during summers).
For more details connect with www.wildrift.com
How to Reach: You need to reach Shaama, which is located 50 kms from Bageshwar and from here, one needs to take a 3.5 km uphill hike/walk.
Explore Bageshwar with this Travel Guide to Bageshwar
New Delhi to Bageshwar: 400 Kms
Bageshwar to Village Shaama: 50 Kms (this is where your vehicles and cars would be parked safely)
Village Shaama to Gyandhurra, Camp Shaama: 3.5 Kms of trek uphill but is quite comfortable for all age groups.
Nearest Airport: is at Pantnagar, 180 Kms from Bageshwar.
Image Copyright @ Sriparna Ghosh, Flickr and Google